- Tracker doesn’t appear to charge correctly.
- Tracker appears to charge correctly but doesn’t respond once removed from the charging cable.
- Tracker battery life is shorter than expected.
Confirm Connection with Charging Cable
The four charging prongs on the charging cable must completely align with the the charging ports on the band. Make sure to hold the band’s strap with the loop at the bottom then connect the charging cable from the right. The pins from the charging cable will magnetically hold the band in place.
Click here for step-by-step charging instructions.
Verify Power Source
Attempt to charge your tracker using a different USB port, computer or wall outlet to determine whether the power source is causing the issue.
Clean Charging Pins
Using a clean cloth—lightly moistened with water or isopropyl alcohol—gently wipe the charging pins on both the charging cable and the underside of your band.
Check for App and Tracker Updates
Make sure you have the latest version of the UP App and that your tracker's firmware is up to date. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Turn Off Extra Alarms
Review your alarms, alerts and reminders and disable any that are not needed. This will help your tracker last longer between charges.
Pause Automatic Syncing
The UP App automatically syncs with your band every 20 minutes—which reduces your tracker’s battery life. To pause automatic syncing, turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device then turn it on again whenever you’re ready to sync.
Fully Charge Your Tracker
Although your tracker will partially charge after just 5 minutes, we recommend fully charging your band before use. A full charge can last up to 10 days for UP2 and up to 7 days for UP3 and UP4. Please note a full charge takes approximately 60–90 minutes.
If the steps above were unable to resolve the issues with your tracker, we suggest the following actions:
Performing a soft reset of your band can help resolve many issues, without deleting any of your stored data:
- Attach your band to the included charging cable, by aligning the magnetic pins on the charging cable with the charging ports on the band.
- With the band attached, plug the charging cable into a powered USB port.
- Wait until the three status lights on your band begin to cycle, then remove the charging cable from the USB port.
- Quickly plug the charging cable back into the powered USB port within 5 seconds.
- All three status lights should flash in unison, slowly at first, then accelerating rapidly, until all three status lights remain solidly lit for 1 second. This light pattern takes about 4–5 seconds to complete.
- Once all three status lights begin to cycle, the soft reset is complete.
If the issues with your tracker aren't resolved after performing a soft reset, attempt a secondary reset—your stored data will not be erased:
- Connect your band to the USB charging cable.
- Locate the small button on the side of the charging cable.
- Use a paperclip to press and hold the button for 3 seconds.
- Release the button then quickly plug the charging cable into a powered USB port.
- The display icons on your band should flash.
- Leave your band connected until fully charged, then remove it from the charging cable.
- Sync your band with the UP App to complete the secondary reset.